HTML5 has introduces some new elements for various purposes.
The Audio and Video elements are used to embed media files in a web page. The header and footer elements are used to display the header and footer sections in a web page.
Following are the newly added introduced elements in HTML5:
- article - Defines an article.
- aside - Defines content aside from the page content.
- bdi - Isolates a part of text that might be formatted in a different direction from other text outside it.
- command - Defines a command button that a user can invoke.
- details - Defines additional details that the user can view or hide.
- summary - Defines a visible heading for a <details> element.
- figure - Specifies self-contained content, like illustrations, diagrams, photos, code listings, etc.
- figcaption - Defines a caption for a <figure> element.
- footer - Defines a footer for a document or section.
- header - Defines a header for a document or section.
- hgroup - Groups a set of <h1> to <h6> elements when a heading has multiple levels.
- mark - Defines marked/highlighted text.
- meter - Defines a scalar measurement within a known range (a gauge).
- progress - Represents the progress of a task.
- section - Defines a section in a document.
- time - Defines a date/time.
- wbr - Defines a possible line-break.