SSAS How to Synchronize Databases by Using the Database Wizard in Analysis services 2008 2012
- The Synchronize Database Wizard synchronises one way to a database on a separate instance of Analysis Services.
- This can be useful when maintaining the same Analysis Services database on two separate versions of SQL Server and can help with the migration from Analysis Services 2005 to Analysis Services 2008 and .
- If the database does not exist on the instance, it will create the database automatically.
- To access the Synchronize Database Wizard, open SQL Server Management Studio, in Object Explorer, right-click the database, and then click Synchronize.
- The wizard prompts you to perform the following steps:
- Select the Analysis Services source instance and database from which to synchronise.
- Select storage locations for local partitions on the destination instance.
- Select storage locations for remote partitions on other destination instances.
- Select the level of security and membership information to copy from the source instance and database to the destination instance.
- Select whether to synchronise immediately or to save the XMLASynchronize command generated by the Synchronize Database Wizard to a script file for later synchronisation.
After following the above steps the Synchronize Databases task in ssas 2008 and 2012 will be completed