In this tutorial example i will explain the following deployment methods in SSAS 2008 2012 analysis services
- Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Deployment Wizard
- XMLA Scripts
- Synchronize Database Wizard
- Backup and Restore
- Analysis Management Objects (AMO)
SSAS 2008 2012 Analysis Services Deployment Introduction
- Deploying Analysis Services can be performed through many methods.
- Understanding the capability of each method will help you to determine the most effective deployment method to employ within your organization.
Analysis Services provides a number of methods to deploy Analysis Services objects. The following table describes the different methods available to perform a deployment.
1.Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Business Intelligence Development Studio is one method that can be used to deploy an Analysis Services project.
- This method will prove useful as you develop your Analysis Services solutions to test the functionality of the solution.
- This method builds a complete set of XML files in the output folder containing all of the necessary commands required to build all of the Analysis Services database objects in the project.
- It will also validate the objects that are deployed.
- Prior to deploying the solution, you can configure a number of deployment options within the properties of the Analysis Services solution specific to the deployment.
- These options can be accessed by right-clicking an Analysis Services project in Solution Explorer, and then clicking Properties.
- Within the project Properties, click the Deployment page and configure the following settings:
- Process Options. Determines whether the cube is process as it is deployed.
- Transactional Deployment. Determines if the deployment is transactional and rolls back the deployment should it fail.
- Deployment Mode. Specifies if all of the Analysis Services objects are deployed or only the changes are deployed.
- Server. The name of the server to which the Analysis Services solution is deployed.
- Database. The name of the database in which the Analysis Services solution is deployed.
The wizard consists of the following screens:
Files used in the deployment of Analysis Services
When you build an Analysis Services project, Business Intelligence Development Studio generates XML files for the project. Business Intelligence Development Studio puts these XML files in the Output folder of the Analysis Services project. By default, output is out in the \bin folder. The following table lists the XML files that Business Intelligence Development Studio creates: